Last Modified: January 10, 2023
Elite Business Ventures, Inc., and its affiliates (collectively, “EBV”) provide a variety of labor law labor law poster compliance products and services. In addition, EBV maintains websites which market promote and sell EBV products and services, online retail and ecommerce stores, and web-based software solutions. EBV Services are made available to consumers directly through its affiliated entities such as Osha4Less and PosterElite, and indirectly through its affiliated partners (“Partners”). EBV takes your privacy and the security of your information very seriously.
EBV Services are intended for use by businesses, employees, and people residing in the United States and its territories. This policy is not intended to cover GDPR or any government agency regulation outside the jurisdiction of the United States.
- Types of Information We Collect
We may collect two types of information from users of our Sites and Services: “Personal Information,” which is information that you provide that can be used to identify you (such as name, email address, account numbers, etc.), and “Aggregate Information,” which is information that cannot be used to identify you (such as frequency of visits to the Sites, browser types used to access the Sites, etc.)
- Personal Information Collected
- We collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us when you use our Sites and Services. For example, you may provide us with your email address, first name and last name, mailing address, payment information, or other Personal Information. Other information may be collected automatically, including IP address. These types of information shall be treated as Personal Information to the extent they can be used to identify you. We also collect certain “sensitive personal information” as defined by the California Privacy Rights Act (the “Act”), including the log-in credentials and payment details you use to access and pay for our Sites and our Services. We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for any purposes not expressly permitted by the Act.
- We collect Personal Information when it is provided by your employer and intended for your use of our Sites and Services. For example, your employer may provide us with your name, email address, phone number, and/or work location, as needed for the employer’s and employee’s use of the services. These types of information shall be treated as Personal Information to the extent they can be used to identify you.
- We collect Personal Information when it is provided by your authorized business partner and intended for your use of our Sites and Services. For example, a business partner may provide us your name, email address, phone number, and shipping address in order to fulfill an order or service obligation to you.
- Some of our Sites or Services may allow you to share information publicly. If you choose to share information publicly through our Site or Services, please understand that we cannot control the actions of third parties who could collect this information.
- Collection of Personal Information by Third Parties
- Aggregate Information Collected
- Aggregate Information is information that does not identify you. Aggregate Information may be collected when you visit our Site or interact with our Services, independent of any information you voluntarily enter. Additionally, we may use one or more processes to de-identify information that contains Personal Information, such that only Aggregate Information remains. We may collect, use, store, and transfer Aggregate Information without restriction.
- For example, when you visit our Site, some information is automatically collected. Such information could include your operating system, the site from which you linked to us (“referring page”), the name of the website you choose to visit immediately after ours (called the “exit page”), information about other websites you have recently visited, browser (software used to browse the internet) type and language, device identifier numbers, your site activity, and the time and date of your visit. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our visitors, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser at this time.
- We maintain all Aggregate Information on a de-identified basis and do not attempt to re-identify it.
- Use of “Cookies”
- Some of our sites may utilize Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to help the Site identify you when you visit. You have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies, you may be unable to use those aspects of our Sites that require registration in order to participate. You can learn more about cookies and how they work at www.allaboutcookies.org. You can always disable cookies through your browser settings. Doing so, however, may disable certain features on our Sites where Cookies are used. You can opt-out from third party cookies that are used for advertising purposes on the NAI website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
- Interest-Based Advertising:
- We may also participate in interest-based advertising using similar technology. This means that you may see advertising on our Sites tailored to how you browse or shop, or you may see advertising for EBV and its properties on other websites based on your browsing behavior across websites. Some websites where we may advertise belong to ad networks that use your web browsing history to choose which ads to display on their network websites; these ads include advertising for EBV and its Sites. Other websites where you see our ads, such as Facebook, may use interest preferences that you have chosen on those sites, as well as registration and other information about you, to choose which ads to display to you. Some internet browsers, websites such as Facebook and mobile devices offer opt-outs for interest-based advertising. Please refer to the website that you are visiting, your browser and/or your device settings for additional information.
- You can opt-out of receiving interest-based ads from third parties who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) and DAA website (http://www.aboutads.info/choices/).
- Personal Information Collected
- Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties
- We may rely on third parties for the delivery of Services and in doing so, we may need to transfer Personal Information to them for the purpose of providing the Services. We may disclose Personal Information to our affiliates, subsidiaries, or third-party service providers to provide you with the Services. For example, we may transfer your Personal Information to third party service providers to (i) assist with providing the Services; (ii) communicate with you about current or future offerings. These third-party service providers are not authorized to retain, share, store or use the Personal Information for any purposes other than to provide the services they have been hired to provide. In no event will we sell any Personal Information to any third-party.
- We may also elect to transfer your Personal Information to third parties under special circumstances to: (i) to comply with a legal requirement, judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on Us; (ii) to investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; (iii) in connection with the sale, purchase, merger, reorganization, liquidation or dissolution of EBV; (iv) when we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of EBV or other persons, or (v) as otherwise required or permitted by law, including any contractual obligations of EBV.
- EBV will retain your personal information for as long as you use the Services, and thereafter for as long as reasonably necessary for Elite’s offering of the Services, as may be permitted or is required by applicable law, or otherwise as we communicate to you.
- Corrections/Information Removal/Opt-Out/Non-Discrimination
- You can request at any time that any Personal Information stored by us to be deleted or corrected, or that our use of such information be limited, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 888-581-6925. We may require you to provide certain information to verify that it is you making the request. However, we will not delete or limit our use of information that we are required to retain and use in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations or, unless you expressly agree to terminate our Services, provide existing Services to you which you and/or your employer have purchased, requested, or subscribed to.
- If you no longer wish to receive any newsletters and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each communication.
- We will not discriminate or retaliate against you or against any consumer for exercising the rights provided by or protected by the Act.
- Children and Privacy
- We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children in connection with the features of our Sites or Services. If we become aware that an individual under the age of 13 has provided personally identifiable information through our Sites or Services, we will immediately remove the individual’s personally identifiable information from our files.
- How Do We Protect Your Information
- We take the security of your Personal Information very seriously. We use reasonable administrative, physical, procedural, and technical safeguards to secure the Personal Information you share with us. Despite these safeguards and our additional efforts to secure your information, we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your Personal Information.
- Any email or other communication purporting to be from one of our websites asking you to provide sensitive information via email, should be treated as unauthorized and suspicious and should be reported to us immediately by emailing email@example.com.
- Each time you use our Site or Services the current version of the Policy will apply. When you use our Site, you should check the date of this Policy (which appears at the top of the Policy) and review any changes since the last version. Our business changes frequently and this Policy is subject to change from time to time. Unless stated otherwise, our current Policy applies to all information that we have about you. We will not materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of your privacy without the consent of affected customers.
- How Do You contact Us?
- To contact us with your questions or comments regarding this Policy or the information collection and dissemination practices of this website, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Governing Law
- This Policy is governed by the laws of the State of California, U.S.A. without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law.